We both love ice-cream. How much ever health conscious we get, we thought we could never substitute ice-cream for anything else. But then we stumbled across Frozen yogurt and we actually found it delicious.
So we decided to make some at home. After trying quite a few recipes, this is the one we liked the most. And since mangoes are in season, it makes it all the more delicious. Hope you enjoy as much as we do.
- 2 ½ cups…. Greek Yogurt
- 3….Mangoes( Pulp)
- 1 cup…. Milk
- 9 tbsp…. Sugar
- ½…. tsp Salt
In a Blender/Mixer, combine together the mango pulp, yogurt, sugar, milk and salt. Blend until its smooth.
Shift to a plastic container and let it freeze.
After about two hours (of after the mixture is frozen), scrambble the frozen mixture. This is to encourage even freezing and creamy texture. Repeat this 3-4 times at a interval of about 30-45 mins. Then let it freeze. Serve.
- To make Greek yogurt, strain whole milk yogurt by hanging it in a thin cotton cloth for 6-8 hours.
- You can use different berries or other fruits such as peaches.
- Do not add water to the mixture while blending or else the resultant frozen yogurt will be icy and not creamy.
- You can serve Mango frozen yogurt with berries or chocolate chips.
- You may need to adjust the sugar content as per the sweetness of the mangoes you are using. We used Alphonso mangoes, you can use any mango that is available to you.